Note that we do not collect any personal information like names or addresses when you visit our website. If you choose to provide that information to us, it will be used only to fulfil your request for information.
To improve users’ experience of our website, we do gather some technical information from site hits. The section below explains how we handle technical information when you visit the Durban Tourism website.
Technical information assimilated
When you browse pages or download information on the Durban Tourism website, we automatically note certain technical information about your visit. This information never identifies who you are, but merely logs:
- the Internet domain you are using (eg. "companyY.com" if using a private Internet access account, "universityX.ac.za" if connecting from a university's domain, etc);
- the IP address (number automatically assigned to your computer whenever you're surfing the web), from which you access our website;
- the type of browser (Firefox, Internet Explorer, etc), and operating system (Windows, Unix, etc), that you are using to access our site;
- the date and time that you access our site;
- the pages you visit; and,
- if you linked to the Durban Tourism website from another website, the address of that website.
This technical data provides insight into the number of users accessing our website, and the technology they are using. We use the information to improve our site, enhance users’ experiences on our website, and cater for all web visitors.
We do not collect personal information for any purpose other than to respond to you (for example, to respond to your questions or provide subscriptions you have requested).
If you choose to provide us with personal information (eg. by filling out a Contact form with an email address and submitting it to us via the website), we will only use that information to respond to your message, and to help get you the information you've requested.
The only time we would share the information you give us with another entity, is if your question relates to said entity, or as otherwise required by law. The Durban Tourism website never collects information or creates individual profiles for commercial marketing.
While you must provide an e-mail address for any enquiries requiring a response, we recommend that you DO NOT include any other personal information, especially identity numbers, social security numbers, etc.
Any and all unauthorised attempts to upload or change information on this website, are strictly prohibited, and Durban Tourism will take appropriate legal and disciplinary action against any person(s) breaching.
Our security systems utilise software programs that monitor all web network traffic and identify unauthorised attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage or disruption to the Durban Tourism website.