Durban's 'Green Heart' - connecting people with nature. A focal point for the Durban Green Corridor is The Green Hub - an innovative, sustainable and environmentally - responsible building at Blue Lagoon Park, housing a nature-based tourism and sustainable living information, education and promotion centre.
The Green Hub also serves as the base and trail hub for Durban Green Corridor (DGC) which operates canoeing, hiking, mountain biking, bird watching and cultural tours up into the uMngeni Valley, inland to Inanda Dam and on further to iSithumba in the beautiful Valley of a Thousand Hills. For those less adventurous you can also simply go to one of the many DGC sites along the valley and enjoy some of the best picnic spots in Durban surrounded by breath taking natural beauty – cliffs, dams, waterfalls, valleys, hills, a winding river and so much more.
The Green Hub is an eco-tourism information and environmental education centre located at the beautiful uMngeni River estuary.
The Green Hub offers:
- Bookings for Durban Green Corridor tours – Enquire and book uMngeni Adventures, iSithumba Adventures and eNanda Adventures tours and activities.
- Eco-tourism information – Get information about various outdoor activities and nature reserves within the eThekwini area as well as educational material regarding environmental issues and green lifestyle.
- Sport equipment hire – Hire canoes, mountain bikes and pedal cars suitable for adults and children to enjoy a day outdoors with friends and the whole family.
- Youth development – The Green Hub runs a youth programme which engages kids through organised sport activities and arts, improves ecological understanding and develops skills valuable for their future careers.
- School Education Packages – Schools have the opportunity to enquire a customised package with aims to enhance kids’ knowledge about local eco-habitats and can include excursions as well as various arts and drama programmes.
- Events – The Green Hub organises public events, such as trail sports and environmental clean-up events.
- Venue hire – The Green Hub facilities can be booked for corporate events as well as private functions, such as meetings and birthday parties, located beautifully on the banks of the estuary.
The Green Hub is the centre and booking office of the Durban Green Corridor.
The Green Hub is an environmental friendly building, designed to reduce energy and water consumption.
Cost for Equipment Hire
If you are interested in spending an active time at the estuary park, along the beachfront and local trails, you can hire mountain bikes, pedal cars and canoes from the Green Hub. Please note that all equipment hires require an ID/Driver’s License & indemnity form for the security of the equipment.
R 20: ½ hour
R 75: 2 hours
R 100: 3 hours
R 200: 8 hours
R 20: 10 min.
R 50: ½ hour
R 80: 1 hour
(2-3 people per boat)
R 30 per boat: 1 hour
R 50 per boat: 2 hours
The Green Hub offers mountain bikes, pedal cars and canoes for hire.
All equipment is available for adults and children.
Where to Find the Green Hub
The Green Hub, 31 Stiebel Place, 4000 Durban
Located at the south bank of the uMngeni River estuary, just off the M4 next to model yacht pond.
The Green Hub is open 7 days a week.
For more information about the Durban Green Corridor and its activities contact below or visit www.durbangreencorridor.co.za
Tel: 031 322 6026/7