Next to the uMngeni River estuary lies the “Green Hub” which is the centre of the Durban Green Corridor initiative. The Green Hub is an environmental friendly building, which is designed to inspire through building design and technology to reduce water and energy consumption. The Green Hub serves as an eco-tourism information and environmental education centre which is active in promoting local environmental clean-ups, outdoor activities and education programmes for schools and local residents.
The Green Hub is an eco-tourism information and environmental education centre located at the beautiful uMngeni River estuary.
The Green Hub offers:
- Bookings for Durban Green Corridor tours – Enquire and book uMngeni Adventures, iSithumba Adventures and eNanda Adventures tours and activities.
- Eco-tourism information – Get information about various outdoor activities and nature reserves within the eThekwini area as well as educational material regarding environmental issues and green lifestyle.
- Sport equipment hire – Hire canoes, mountain bikes and pedal cars suitable for adults and children to enjoy a day outdoors with friends and the whole family.
- Youth development – The Green Hub runs a youth programme which engages kids through organised sport activities and arts, improves ecological understanding and develops skills valuable for their future careers.
- School Education Packages – Schools have the opportunity to enquire a customised package with aims to enhance kids’ knowledge about local eco-habitats and can include excursions as well as various arts and drama programmes.
- Events – The Green Hub organises public events, such as trail sports and environmental clean-up events.
- Venue hire – The Green Hub facilities can be booked for corporate events as well as private functions, such as meetings and birthday parties, located beautifully on the banks of the estuary.
The Green Hub is the centre and booking office of the Durban Green Corridor.
The Green Hub is an environmental friendly building, designed to reduce energy and water consumption.
Cost for Equipment Hire
If you are interested in spending an active time at the estuary park, along the beachfront and local trails, you can hire mountain bikes, pedal cars and canoes from the Green Hub. Please note that all equipment hires require an ID/Driver’s License & indemnity form for the security of the equipment.
R 20: ½ hour
R 75: 2 hours
R 100: 3 hours
R 200: 8 hours
R 20: 10 min.
R 50: ½ hour
R 80: 1 hour
(2-3 people per boat)
R 30 per boat: 1 hour
R 50 per boat: 2 hours
The Green Hub offers mountain bikes, pedal cars and canoes for hire.
All equipment is available for adults and children.
Where to Find the Green Hub
The Green Hub, 31 Stiebel Place, 4000 Durban
Located at the south bank of the uMngeni River estuary, just off the M4 next to model yacht pond.
The Green Hub is open daily from 8.00 am – 16.30 pm. Safe parking is available.
For general enquiries and bookings please contact us via e-mail:
031 322 6026/7